Welcome to episode 10 of the Greatness Project. In this sesh, I spread some fire related to taking action on what matters most in life. I also drop some useful tips to help you become more action oriented.
BECOME MORE ACTION ORIENTED
Listen in to this episode if you are interested in getting started on living the life you were meant to live. This episode isn’t for everyone, in fact, if you are not into motivation, self-development, or open to making some serious change in your life, then you may be better off passing on this episode.
However, if you’re looking for some words of encouragement, some motivation, and some realness on what you need to do to live your greatest life, then please listen to this episode.
(If you prefer to read vs. listen, the transcript is provided at the bottom of this page.)
- Encouragement for Taking Action
- A Voice Encouraging You to Do What YOU WANT
- A Nudge for you to Become Who You ARE
- 5 Tips to Become More Action Oriented
Statistic: Job Dissatisfaction Stats
Article: Top 5 Regrets of the Dying
Thanks For Listening!
To Share Your Thoughts:
Leave a note in the comment section below.
To Help Out The Show:
Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest by using the share buttons at the bottom of the page.
Thanks again for listening in and thank you for your attention.
Subscribe on iTunes or Listen on Stitcher.
RED HOT ACTION
Today my friends… I want to talk about action…. RED HOT ACTION….(no not getting some action) I am talking about TAKING some action, becoming action oriented, and about standing up for we really WANT IN LIFE…
I was doing quite a bit of thinking over the past few weeks, …. just taking some serious alone time to THINK, to ponder, and to replenish myself mentally, physically, and spiritually.
In my thinking, I got realigned in a sense…with everything I stand for, and for all that I aim to do for anyone and everyone who is open to my message….or messages
And basically, most of what I stand for revolves around encouraging people to TAKE ACTION! The THINK STRIVE BECOME Site is motivational in nature, and what I am trying to motivate you to do is to TAKE ACTION.
Now when I say action, I am not talking about movement…or just doing more of the same old that you’ve been doing. When I say action… I am talking about encouraging people to tap their fire, that THING that brings them most to life, I am talking about taking action…. FEARLESS ACTION towards bringing that dream or possibility that lights YOU up…. To life.
To give you a better sense of what I am talking about, let me tell you about a story my mentor would always use…
This mentor would always tell about a poem that his father would post on his fridge when he was growing up, so that he and his brother could see the Words from this poem every day before going to school…
The poem read….
Spring has past, summer has gone and winter is here…. And the song that I meant to sing…. remains unsung, for I have spent my days stringing and unstringing my instrument…
My mentor would go on to reveal how his father would later tell him exactly what that poem meant…which was…
That poem was written by a man whose heart was filled with regret over a life half lived….
The man was always getting ready to sing the great song of his life, he was always getting ready to start achieving, he was always getting ready to start fulfilling all the possibilities of what his life was meant be…But he got busy being busy…….
That poem and the way my mentor expressed it, was such a powerful reminder to me….to pursuit all that I want in this life,
In fact, I tell it to you now, because it encouraged me to not back down from my aspirations, and most importantly, to just GO for it….
So… that’s what I want to put urgency around today…. Taking action. Not just any action, but action on the things that really matter to you, and your life. ACTION on the BIG Things!!
Action on those ideas, dreams, and aspirations that you have………the one’s that you’ve yet to act on.
You know what I am talking about…. I am talking about getting started on that book you’ve always wanted to write, or the business you’ve always dreamed of starting, or that position that you’ve secretly wished you could obtain…. ACTION on those things you REALLY, REALLY Want, but for some reason have yet to take action on.
Life is too short and precious to just sit on those good ideas you have….to just sit on those dreams that you really, truly, deeply want to pursue. Life is too short to not be fearless for what you truly and deeply want.
Ideation without Execution is nothing more than delusion……. Let’s stop being part of cult of the delusional, the cult of mediocrity!
Instead…choose to be one of those braves souls who walks out there an executes flawlessly around your ideas. Please…consider being one of the brave and bold who actually GO FOR IT.
Last I checked, there was a survey that said…. 70% of all employees hate their job. If this is you…take ACTION to change that. Don’t just coast along and be unhappy doing something you hate. GO Find a job you like, no LOVE, or go pursue that dream project you’ve been dying to do! Whatever you do, just make sure you’re not sitting there wallowing in your misery. You deserve better than that!! Take action and go get your happiness….
I read some time ago an article on the Guardian, that mentioned the number one regret of the dying, was that they wished they had the courage to live a life true to their selves, not the life others expected of them.
Jeff Bezos once said… “ I knew that if I failed, I wouldn’t regret that, but the one thing I might regret was not trying”.
If your trying means starting a business, well go start a business. If you don’t know where to start…well take action on finding out where to start.
If it’s writing a book, well get going on writing it. TAKE SOME ACTION…. any ACTION.
5 Ways to Become More Action Oriented
To help you get started… I’ve put together a short list of some actionable steps that can help you become more action oriented. So here we go:
- Hunt for Your Time
- What do I mean by this? What I mean is…Pay attention to how you’re spending every minute of your day…. make every minute count!
- Pay attention like you are on the hunt…. When you’re hunting, all your senses or ON. You’re hyper focused, you see, feel, and hear everything! You must show the same vigilance with your time…. Your time is the prey.
- We have only so many minutes in a day… and when we aren’t being vigilant with our time, we squander possibilities for taking the action that is necessary for creating the change we want in our lives. Be on the hunt for your time, then make the kill (take ACTION)!
- Take Action Quickly….
- The faster you take action on an idea… the more likely you are going to take continued action on that idea or project that is going to create the results you’re looking for in your life. When you start to take action quickly, everything will start to change for you!
- Don’t end up on some day island. Some-day island is that place that many people end up on, because they always say…or I’ll get to that thing, project, dream someday… and as a result, they become permanent residents of someday isle.
- Act on Your Intuition
- Trust your gut…. listening to your instincts is huge. In fact, if you are feeling unhappy, disgusted, bored, or whatever, those may be sign posts that you should pay attention to. Listen to what your intuition is suggesting as an alternative…. then ACT on those suggestions.
- When you practice obeying your internal nudge, you’ll start to become happier, and you’ll positively impact those around you.
- Take Action Daily
- Momentum is critical……without out continuous action, you’ll never make any progress on your goals. This is a challenge for many people, but, it is a must. So, if you have trouble staying consistent with taking action, scale down on your action.
- If you can find a way to take even the smallest actions, you will be better off than if hadn’t taken any action. Ultimately, you will soon be making huge strides in comparison to your contemporaries who don’t or won’t take action.
- Take Action Now
- The right time….is always right now!!! Identify the risks involved, identify the fears you may have, and then smash through those suckers like the human wrecking ball!
Quotes to Ponder
Alright… I am going to leave you with a few quotes to ponder, to keep you lit and fired up for taking action on your dreams and desires. This quote is by Bono…the legendary lead singer of U2, and he said: “The world is more malleable than you think and it’s waiting for you to hammer it into shape.”
I love this quote… so what does it mean? It means, we have more power and ability to craft our lives into the amazing life that we’ve only up until this point dreamed it to be.
Now this last quote…. Is by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, and he stated: “In this world, a man must be either an anvil or a hammer”
What I take from this quote, is this…. when you are taking action towards your dreams, your wants, your hopes, your happiness, YOU BECOME the hammer. Take action my friends…. BECOME the hammer, and start forging the life you’ve always dreamed of, start molding your masterpiece… YOUR LIFE!!
Alright my friends… I hoped you got something from this session… I hope you’re primed to take some action.
Some super small actions that you can take right now that would be immensely appreciated by me, would be to stop by my site at THINKSTRIVEBECOME.com and drop me a line. Or if you are listening to this off of iTunes or Stitcher…to leave me a comment. I read every single one, and they are fuel to this podcast’s fire….